Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford

Friday 14 October 2011

How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?


How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?

     After we have studied how to use blogs, wikis and delicious, we got an idea about how to important the usage of these social networks in our life, especially in education.
So, I would use these social networks with my students as much as I can. First, I will tech them how to use blogs, wikis and delicious. I will explain them the important of using such type of technology, then I will start using them in our course.

    Here are examples of the ways that I would use these networks:

-          Using Blogs:

  

1-      Each student  have to create an account, at any of these : blogger, worpress, or blogsome.
2-      During the writing class for example, I will give them a topic to write about, as a post at their blogs. Each student has to reply on at least three of her classmates posts. I may also ask each student to correct spelling mistakes of one of her classmates.
3-      At the reading class, I will give them an article to paraphrase, and write their reflection. For example, I may give them an article about the pollution, and ask them to paraphrase it. Then, they have to write how to avoid pollution by different ways. They also have to reply on three of their classmates posts.
4-       I may ask them to search about a specific topic “Fast Food”, for example, the effects of fast food on our health, the reasons beyond why people like fast food and so on. They have to use hyperlinkes in their post, videos and images.
5-      They have to tag all of their posts.

-          Using Wikis:


1-      They will divide themselves into groups of three, and share one wiki.
2-      After  explaining the new words from a reading passage during a reading class, I may ask each group to write two sentences about each new word and post them at their wiki.
3-      I will give them two sentences of a story and they have to complete this story together.
4-       I will ask them to add adjectives and adverbs to a given story.
5-      I may give them a video and ask each group to write a summary about what they understand from this clip.

-          Using Delicious:

1-      Students can save the links and resources of a research.
2-      They can share an account or tag their resources with a shared title.

    So we can see how important the use of social networked learning, and how much activities that we can include technology in. These types of activities will improve their cooperative work and make them enjoy learning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sondos..^_*

    Wo0oW! you have a nice blog. Good job and I like the way that you are organized your ideas in simple words.
    I'm with you that these social networks are important in learning...

    Have a nice day and good luck...^_*

    ReplyDelete